Friday, December 28, 2012

Lifestyle Obsessions #4


Hey readers! I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas to those whom actually observe holiday. I don't personally, yet that doesn't mean that I can't treat myself to some holiday gifts on Stardoll at least. A lot of you may have noticed that Stardoll has been offering free gifts if you participate in the whole "Stardoll Academy". Even though most of us probably dread school, I'd give it a shot for some free spending money and clothes (they give away really nice coats and sweaters, which are perfect for the virtual winter).
 
I'm have also been working on a lengthy interior project: a new staircase! It is inspiredf by the one in my look board, yet up to this date I have improved it's design. Just visit my suite to see it in my main loft room. I simply used the, favorited by most stylish Medoll's, grey shelves from the Suite Shop. They only cost 20 Starcoins each, so try it out yourself. Remember my tip from my last post: I would reccomend starting your stairs out big and then making them smaller as you go back. It will create depth in your suite!
 
Anyhow, with the new year coming means that there is a possibility for all of us to try a new style or item of clothing that we have never have tried before. Personally on both Stardoll and in my real life, I've tried everything imaginable when it comes to style. However, there is an exception that proves the rule: decades! I've spent some time (and money) investing in some interesting pieces for my medoll ... from the 80's!



On a recent haul, I purchased these two grey jackets from Starbaazar:

Both blazers are from Bonjour Bizou yet only the one on the right is still availible in the Starplaza store yet for 8-6 stardollars I think. I bought mine for 4 in Starplaza, which was a much better deal for me. Although my minimal phase is dying out due to the fact that I have felt a lot more creative, it's slightly hard to style both of them the way I really want to. I love them both because they remind me a lot of the 1980's: strong shoulders, immaculate cuts, and the way they are made remind me so much of an 1980's Calvin Klien suit:
 
My minimalist phase may be coming to an end, yet  I can still appreciate some very good items to compliment outfits. Who doesn't? On my recent style venture, I decided to layer both coats for a more, how should I say, realistic look. Both jackets in my opinion can be used as shirts if you put your mind to it, just as I did. Many of your jackets can double for other pieces to be used in your outfits for more creative touches, because what fashionista wants to look like everyone else whom has the same item?
 
This was my look with both jackets. Although in my very own opinion this look does not scream 80's, it is not really supposed to. It's best to use items that are vintage inspired to make your looks more defined. It's never good to look like you walked out of a costume shop in a head to toe period get up. Breaking and mixing period clothing together is a great way to personalize an outfit.:
 
 
Bonjour Bizou Grey wool and tweed jackets, Archive H & M inspired belt, Decades black leather belt with gold details, Archive crocodile skin clutch, Tingeling metallic leather pants, Bonjour Bizou black satin heels.
 


2 comments: