Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lifestyle Obsessions #2

 
Lately I've been in a null when it comes to my fashion choices. There just isn't as much in my closet to change about anymore: oldies are goodies, but wearing the same white fur coat and Rio hermes bag can become a bit tiring. So, I'm resulting to have myself stick to some minimal accessories and clothing for now until I get into my creative mood again. Also while I'm on this train of thought, I have had many questions lately about how to organize a proper closet in your suite to show off your rares, favorite items, ect. Since I've been getting so many requests, especially about how to show off bags and shoes, I have prepared a little tutorial after my daily look.
 
OBESSSION #1: MINIMAL ACCESSORIES
 
 
DIY sweater, Pet A Porter Clothes Horse black nappa leather tote, Tingeling patent leather wedge shoes
 
 
 
So based off of my lookboard of the day, I've focused on my recent haul of minimal black boots, flats, and strappy platforms. Lately, I've been looking for a shoe with a chunky heel to add to my collection:
From Left to right: It Girl's Black leather wedges, Tingeling patent leather wedges, It-Girl's Brown leather wedges with socks, Fallen Angel black leather wedges, Fallen Angel black leather creepers, Archive black leather creepers
I've been in love with the black tote because it's so versatile. I can truly say that lately it's been one of my favorite ones to pick up and go with my daily outfits. My sweater, which is my design, is inspired by a documentary I saw recently about militant girls from Iraq. You could see it as a little tribute to the lives of the girls and women of the middle east whom fight for their rights as women. I simply layered jewelry ontop of the sweater that fit the girl's face appropriately. I wish that Stardoll made more minimalistic items such as that fab black leather backpack from The Row. I'm also back into shades again for a first, yet I'll have to wait for an appropriate time as to when I'll feel like wearing them again. 
 
OBESSSION #2: CLOSET SPACES
 
To sate the appetites of those wonderign about presenting their clothes outside of the closet spaces that Stardoll gives us all, which can be very inconvenient to those whom have a lot of clothes (I'm guilty), There are some interesting things you can do to either use as a full time display to locate items or to just vainly display your favorite items! However before I get to this, think about what it is that you are trying to display. It's important to know exactly what it is you want to display before you do it, or else your display could end up uninteresting somewhat. So answer these questions: Do you really like this item? Is is visually appealing? Will it compliment your room decor?
 
If you say yes to any of those, you can start! Here are some of my favorite items to help:
 
This rack is fantastic to display items, especially those bags you really love. Here are a few of mine that I've been toting around a lot. Although I've been wearing them often, they tend to get lost in my storage a lot. I have them on display to show their beauty and so that I can easilly locate them.

 
Making shelves and cubbies for your items are also great for displaying smaller bags, such as clutches, and even your shoes! I have found a member with a wonderful closet space that meets my design expectations. Her name is Olobersyko, a very chic girl who has her Balenciaga, Givenchy,  and Louis Vuitton bags on view to the public.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your post ♥ especially the part about the closet spaces. sadly i already knew the closet from Olobersyko. But still some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that you have already seen Olobersyko. I'm showing it others who haven't, you know? :P Anyhow, thank you very much for enjoying my writing.

      Delete
  2. Another great post! You're a very talented writer, who have to be noticed by the whole world - really. :) And love these black shoes, I never noticed them before so I bought them after seeing them here - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate that a lot. Oh yes, those shoes are amazing. I'm glad you bought them for yourself.

      Delete