Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lifestyle Obsessions #5

 
Hello readers! I'm pretty sure some of you have been wondering where I went. As of late, my blogger account is not letting me upload images the correct way, and yet after numerous complaints they still have not fixed the problem for me. Anyhow, my days on Stardoll have been very fun ones. It's a new year, which means that I should take the time to have a new ethos to a lot of factors that make playing Stardoll fun. For one thing, I've been saving up my Stardollars more wisely now, which means I won't be dropping them off at the hat for some deliciously great deals in Starplaza/Starbaazar anymore unless it's a great interior item, which I won't be able to resist.
 
I've been saving only because I've realised how many clothes I have and how many of them, once I buy it, that I don't even wear half of the time. I usually go back to my usual favorites such as my oversized tan sweater from It-Girls or my black leather leggings from Rio. Looking though my storage and closet, I've decided to wear my newer clothes more often now than ever before. Of course, I'll be incorperating some of my older items to give my looks what they really need. Afterall, oldies are goodies! I'm going to go for a luxurious look all of the time. It truly shows in my lifestyle obsessions of the day: using old and new fashion and interior items to create a luxurious, appealing look that is asthetically pleasing.
 
On another level, Stardoll has released some intresting items for the Winter Peak collection:
 
 
(images via Underneath Stardoll)

Personally, I adore the fur rack, tub, gaslight table fire place, and the furry chairs. They have a very luxurious, modern feel to them. A lot of the items have a very indie feel to them, such as the owl pillows. I can see these in any hip kid's suite lofting lazilly. They are just plain cute anyway!

Luxury has been a very prevalent and important factor in my whole life, and I try to incorperate that sort of lifestyle into my Stardoll life, which is both fun and thrilling. So style wise, I've been a little bit...indulgent:
 
 OBSESSION #1: VALENTINO GARAVANI
 
 
My look is inspired by no one other than the legendary Valentino Garavani. At the time that I took both of these pictures, I was going through a slight phase obsessing over Stardoll socialites of yore and their then incredible layering techniques. It's amazing what you can do with the right items! A simple red evening dress became a flowing, luxurious, designer inspired creation with the additonal layering of like colors and textures.
 
 
You get the idea. My dress is not to scale with this one, yet the energy of Valentino rides high within it. My jewelry is a Christmas gift from my food friend Bracilia-Jeru and my clutch is Alexander McQueen inspired. My look may be a bit opulent to some people's taste, yet it's a mantra I sort of live by. I'm dramatic and bold, and it simply shows through what I put on daily. Whether it's minimalistic or all out haute couture, it's going to be bold.  I'm not sure that I'll create more Valentino inspired looks, yet though experimentation I've seen that it can be accomplished fashionably and cheaply. It all depends on what you have!
 
 
OBSESSION #2: BAG SHOWCASES
(click, or visit my suite for a better view)
I have spoken about in the last 3 posts about how important it is for those whom are wanting to display their favorite bags/shoes to do it in a presentable way. I finally completed my favorite, and possibly at the moment best interpretation of a bag/acsessory closet. Although the general layout has since changed towards the right, you can all get the general idea as to how I did this: color cordination, matching designer brands with eachother, bag types, and shapes. Stardoll's item shrinking tool helps make layering the items to size more realistic and defined: you can turn items any way, shape, or size you want to create a desired look. My friend jjgangstevenjj has a very admirable, clean bag showcase that is much easier to attempt, not copy:
 
Stevenson has done a very basic, yet good example of a bag closet. He is showcasing his favorite bags on shelving appropriate for their size and form.
 
I would like for you all when you do or attempt to create a bag showcase to send me your images via dollymail. I'd love to showcase and give you tips on this blog. Happy designing! Until next time, Dollywood.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment